"THOSE DAYS"

Insane in the membrane!!! That is what sums up today..It is one of those days when I wish I was a super talented business woman or an incredible artist that was in her art studio creating masterpieces and sipping a latte.  However, today I am mom...I am trapping myself in my office while the kids destroy the house that I have attempted to clean twenty times since this morning.  I am mom..the lady who at the moment wants to pull my hair out because my 2 year old is freaking me out with all his crying....what a baby! (sarcasm intended).

I am mom...no one gets to see my victories, my hardships, my joys.  But they are many! God is teaching me in all these little moments, the good, the bad and the ugly!! Today I just wanted to cry, I wanted to be someone important (according to world standards) and wanted to be anywhere but in the walls of my home.  And thats okay! This day will come and go, faster than I realize and tomorrow will be a new day. It's okay to have these moments, these days but to dwell in the emotion of them is dangerous and pointless. It is what it is... A day, a tough day, an emotional day!! Pick yourself up by the boot straps, Jen!  Praise the Lord in the midst of it and carry on.  God is teaching me tenacity in this season.  I am a very emotionally based person, in the sense that I want the enviroment to be just right; I want the feelings and emotions to be there..Basically, I want the coffee house setting 24/7.  Which is far from reality and really got me down in my earlier adulting days!  

What I see God growing and stretching me in is what I do with "these" days! Do I continue to give Him praise or do I pick up the phone and find someone to complain to. Do I push forward with the eye on prize and conquer what I was called to conquer, even if its changing diapers, cooking and cleaning.  I don't want my thoughts to settle in the danger zone, where they are negative and anxious.  I've been there and its not pretty and nothing good and beneficial comes from hanging out there.  

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworty-think of such things (Philipians 4:8)

We are what we think about!! Let that sink in...I know we have heard that a million times, but truly stop yourself throughout the day and capture your thoughts and interiagte them...Do they line up with God's word.  Are they bringing life or death to your bones?  
Lets face it...no matter what we do, whether we work or stay at home, we all have those days...So be encouraged to face them with a boldness and determination to be the bigger man or woman.  Let's run this race well!!  And if gets really bad there are always lattes and cake pops!! (and PINK!!)

Image result for picture of pink


Comments

Popular Posts