HOMESCHOOL? 


People have asked me why I am doing this..you know the homeschool thing, and I honestly have no elaborate, beautiful, deep convicting answer.  I just felt the pull.  At first, I had no strong convictions toward homeschool, I honestly loved our public school experience, and if you would have asked me before I had kids if I planned on homeschooling my children I probably would have asked "What is that?" And then upon you explaining what it is, I would have said, "Ummm, No!" However, here I am, homeschooling my two children and constantly redirecting my two year old, and despite the hard days and the occasional longing for a few more moments to myself, I can see the beauty in it. I can see God growing me and refining me. I can see why God put this on my heart, He knows best and it just fits well for our family.

It all started in a blueberry patch, Jett was 2 years old and June was about 7 months, I was minding my own business picking blueberries and probably crying a little, from pure exhaustion, when a random fellow blueberry picker non chalantly asked if I planned on homeschooling my children.  I told her I never had thought about it and honestly new nothing about it, she continued to talk about how she homeschooled all her children and it was the best thing she had ever done. I let her talk, she was passionate, so I listened, but no new found love for homeschool entered my blood stream.  But what it did was plant a seed that I didn't even know had been planted....I love how God does that, he gently leads and guides and he knew it would take years of leading for me to become brave enough to jump into this world of homeschool. So he starting cultivating it in my heart with strangers and then friends. But then it eventually came down to me being obedient to "the pull."

This is a whole new world for me, I knew it would be hard, the fear of it being hard was actually what kept me from diving in for years, despite the pull. But I am learning hard is good....its so good when God has called you to it! Nothing good comes from the easy road.  The "hard" pushes me to a place of dependence upon the one who is fully equipped when I am not.  I am learning to stay the coarse, even when it doesn't feel good, I am learning to put my head down, grit my teeth and give my all to what I am being called to, even when I fully don't understand it.  I am learning even more how my children are such beautiful souls and are so unique and wonderful....I get a front row seat to this.  I am seeing their relationships with each other grow and strengthen and honestly I would homeschool till the end just for that reason alone.  I am learning to focus my gaze on the beautiful moments God gives me each day instead of the hard ones. Lastly,  I am learning a hot bath and glass of kombucha can solve most my problems!

In the first chapter of Joshua, the Lord tells Joshua that Moses is dead and it is time for him and all the people  to prepare to cross over the Jordan to the promise land.  He instructs Joshua to be strong and courageous THREE times in chapter 1.  I love how in verse 9, the Lord says ""Haven't I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  The Hebrew verb "be strong" is communicating the idea of physical strength. The Lord knew Joshua would need to be physically strong in order to complete the tasks ahead (that's why everyone needs to crossfit!!). But my favorite is the second verb "courageous" which in Hebrew communicates the idea of confidence.  Not confidence in self but in the Lord.  See little did Joshua know the Lord was about to ask him to wage war on Jericho not with sword and shield but with..... trumpets.  He knew Joshua would need to be confident in Him and his relationship with the Lord to do what probably seemed a little crazy...okay a lot crazy! I am learning that more often than not what the Lord is calling me to do, doesn't always make a lot of sense, and I often can't see the big picture, but one thing I am learning is that the Lord is with me wherever I go; He will never leave me nor forsake me. We can trust in His word, and count on His presence, and He will give us courage for whatever he calls us to do as we look to Him.

So here's to whatever is pushing you past your comfort zone and has you hanging on the edge of a mountain, fighting to get back on top.  Wherever God takes you, He is there with you! He has a plan for you and its beautiful, not always easy, but beautiful.  We will never get to where we need to go if fear is our guide...fight to drive out the voice of fear, for he has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love and a sound mind!!!

LET'S DO THIS!!


HERE'S A LTTLE GLIMPSE INTO OUR SUPER PEACEFUL HOMESCHOOL LIFE!


Comments

  1. You are amazing & inspiring! So proud of you for being obedient, even when its' hard! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley!! You are my first comment ever..oh my goodness I feel so excited:) I love you and think of you and Paul often!:)

      Delete
  2. What a great read. I just love reading your blogs. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep them coming girl! I love your funny, eye opening wisdom❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts