The Wait

Not a fan of waiting...especially for chocolate chip cookies to get out of the oven!  Waiting is painful and honestly can be annoying. But so often in my Walk with the Lord, their is waiting.  I have wrestled Him many times in this "waiting" process, but am understanding He is wanting me to trust Him in it.  
 Currently we are waiting for our  home to sell.  We were told by everyone that our home would sell fast, so we set out on this adventure with great hope of getting an offer quick.  Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months and I turned to crying! I raised my fist at God and asked Him where He was! He answered, " I am training you in steadfastness, Jennifer.  Trust me."  "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.  He will be like a tree planted by water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:2.
I am learning God is more concerned about the struggle in me, than the struggle I am wanting him to fight for me (my friend Jamie taught me that.)  Through this painful process of cleaning a home with two awesome, highly energetic children and the start of a new business God has taken me from a place of complete frustration to supernatural Joy, Trust and Hope in Him and his great plan for us.  Cannot wait to look back and see how Gods hand was orchestrating all the details, while I threw dirty diapers (not poopy ones of course) at the wall in frustration (He is so patient with me).
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11"
Sometimes we believe if we are in Gods will, it should be easy and fast.  But more times than not, there is waiting. "Consider it pure JOY my brothers whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance MUST finish its work so that you may be COMPLETE, not lacking anything (James 1:2-4)


You'd think these super heroes would help me clean!

Comments

Popular Posts